Monday 13 April 2009

Trip to North America 27 Mar - 10 Apr (I) - NYC

















It's really interesting how this trip came about.

I've been thinking of visiting Cindy in Toronto and was looking for a travelling companion and I was thinking if I were to travel to Toronto, I'd like to make a trip to New York. And I did ask a few people but the timing was not good for them.

I happened to meet Beng Geok at one of our gatherings and I mentioned my travelling plans to her and guess what? She said that she was hoping to visit her friend, Pearly, in New York and wouldn't mind going to Toronto and that she was praying for a travelling companion. And ... her schedule fitted mine perfectly and so off we went!

We did the usual touristy things - visited the Metropolitan Museum, Guggenheim, Central Park, shopped at Macy's, watched a broadway musical - Mary Poppins, went to Times Square, Rockfeller Centre, Wall Street, saw Ground Zero, Brooklyn Bridge, the Empire State Building, and the Statue of Liberty...

But God is good and His fatihfulness was evident in New York ...

(1) during the first weekend we were in NYC, He led us to the Park Avenue United Methodist Church. We were wondering where we could find a church to attend Sunday service and we literally walked right into one, just a minute or so before the service... and I was greatly encouraged to find out about the missions work they are doing in Chile.

(2) and during the last few days of the trip when we returned to NYC, He knew my heart's desire and caused it to snow lightly for maybe a minute or two near Ground Zero though it's was already the first week of April and it didn't even snow in Toronto. :)

No comments: